Friday, November 11, 2016

What I'm going to do next

OK my loves and my lovlies. We've had a few days to process our reactions to the election, and for many of us, and for many of our loved ones, it looks like a bumpy ride ahead.

We cannot each throw our full energy at all the things that are going to be needing our help in the years to come. I know we all support many things, but if we tried to be active in all our causes, we'd burn ourselves out, thereby being no good to anyone, especially ourselves.

SO. This is what I propose.

Pick something. Pick the cause that resonates with you the most and throw your energy at it. I will pick the cause that resonates most with me and throw my energy at it. I will support your cause, and you will support mine, and we'll find intersectionality where we can work together on our causes.

If we all pick our causes, and link them together, we'll form a sort of web of support for ALL the causes. (think those little gold Nova ships in Guardians of the Galaxy)

My cause is the environment. I will do my best to make sure all of us have a planet to live on. This is more than just saving the whales or using cloth grocery bags. I will put my energy toward stopping climate change, so that drought doesn't exacerbate civil wars in Africa, so that indigenous people the world over aren't forced from their homes due to rising ocean levels. I will do what I can to make sure that kids in every country in the world have clean water to drink.

That's what I'm going to do. What are you going to do and how do our causes intersect?

No comments:

Post a Comment